THE ADOPTION PROPOSAL PACKAGE
a match is made by the Albanian Committee of Adoptions, the Agency
will receive the referral package, which will usually contain the following:
- A 15 minute video of the child, showing him/her in the orphanage
interacting with his/her caregiver and other children. There are
usually several close-ups of the child.
- The childs weight and height at birth, and at some other
point when available. Head circumference is given, when
- A social and medical history that usually includes a record
of inoculations, results of standard blood tests, and a record
of illnesses and treatments given, when available.
- Known circumstances of birth and information concerning the
mother, when available. As well, sometimes the situation of abandonment
- A social, emotional and developmental history/documentation
of what the child is able to do. There is usually a comment on
the childs temperament.
in mind, that European countries may have different methods and
standards of documentation. Also, availability of information may
vary depending on the orphanage, and the circumstances by which the child came into